Saturday, February 20, 2010





Below is some pottery that I find really  inspiring. My classes start back at the end of the month after a 3wk break. I'm really looking forward to going back. I'm thinking of making a bird bath for the garden, windchimes and learning how to use the wheel!! I hoping to leave my pottery white this time round.  I use white stoneware clay but my teacher is always saying to dip it in the poopy brown glaze, or the bright blue... when all I really want to do it leave it white!

The pieces above are from the Australian "Paper Boat Press," the poetry and quotes stamped into the clay make them all the more lovely. 


Little birds perched and butterflies, from here





The above two from Art Mind are porcelain clay, twice fired to give a lovely translucency. These tealight holders are pretty. They've had lace stamped into the clay when still wet. I've been doing a fair bit of this at my classes

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails