Monday, April 5, 2010

Childhood Princesses

Who was your favourite princess as a child? I was obsessed with the Childlike Empress from The Neverending Story. I would sit through all of the sad and scary parts of the movie, including that awful 'The Nothing' wolf monster being killed 
- yuck - just to be mesmerised by the brief encounter with the Empress at the end. 
I would then proceed to walk about the house with a pearl necklace on my head and whatever white robes / sheets I could find draped into a flowing gown.

Equally with Ozma from Return to Oz... so much movie for just a few princess moments at the end. Having brown hair I would always have to play Dorothy and rescue my little blonde friends (who would be huddled in a mirrored wardrobe somewhere) so I could open the door help and them "step through the glass".

How sweet it is to remember these things. There's not enough princess movies these days! Who was your favourite childhood princess?


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails