Sunday, June 20, 2010

Another time of year...

Winter can really get me down. Getting up for work in the dark and coming home in the dark. Getting out of bed in general. Too chilly outside for evening walks. Dry skin. Shorter days. I am really a summer person, I love floaty dresses and the beach and barbeques with friends and picnics and camping and ice-cream dripping down your hands.

I guess though, without winter would I appreciate summer as much?
The contrast really helps me to remember the blessing of the warmer months. I'm trying to be postive this year and not feel all dark and gloomy. After all there are positives to winter: hearty soups, fireplaces, wearing boots & scarves, curling up on the couch with a good book/blog/magazine, a fluffy throw blanket
and a hot chocolate.

One of the things I've been enjoying lately is looking at my favourite blogs overseas and seeing all the summer-fun they are having. That's certainly a happy pick-me-up during the dark winter days.

For now I'm aiming to think of the good things this time of year brings and to enjoy them to the full. Here's some collections from my favourite sites, when they were experiencing winter...

Pick a coat from ffffound


Toasted cheese sandwich and tomato soup cups. A sweet serving idea for when friends pop around via You Are My Fave


When I went to catch the bus the other morning, it actually looked like this outside. I grew up on the coast and living a little more inland now I experience frosts I've never known before...

from here


And now for some general wintery eye-candy...

from here



from the portfolio of stylist Jane Roarty



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails