Sunday, June 6, 2010

What I learned today...

... crochet granny squares! I remember as a child the crochet blankets my great grandmother made (my family still have them now) in bright, random, liquorice-allsorts colours. Not long ago Notebook magazine inspired me with a crochet blanket DIY project in a beautiful soft colour pallete. Creams and caramels and duck-egg blues. I never thought old-granny crochet could look so lovely and I became determined to learn the 'granny square.' So this weekend I went to visit my husband's nanna for my first lesson. 

My left-handedness was a bit of a problem and were were both confused as each other as I fumbled over my first stitches...
but eventually I (finally) got the hang of it!

And I've found quite a few crafty girl bloggers who share their pretty projects. Look at these lovely colours below from 'The Purl Bee...' also visit Meet Me At Mikes for video tutorials.

Crochet also appealed because I read that you tend to see results fast than knitting... and since I'm a little impatient I liked that idea.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails