Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Terrace Falls

Last weekend my husband took me for a bushwalk in the Blue Mountains
(about 1 1/2 hrs west of Sydney) to get me away from the computer for a little while (too many hours working on my new stationery business) were driving me (and him)
a little crazy.

It was so refreshing to get out into nature. I love the outdoors. The Terrace Falls track starts at Hazelbrook (for any Syndeysiders or travellers heading to the Blue Mountains soon) and it was right up there with my favourite bushwalks ever. It was a super-hot day but the walk was shady and rainforesty, dripping with ferns and moss. There were pretty waterways everywhere... glassy ponds, bubbling creeks, deep pools for swimming and of course the falls. I didn't bring my swimming costume, which I kind of regretted... until we reached the falls and I took off my shoes to go paddling in the water. It was FREEZING. We have had such hot weather lately so the water temperature was surprising. Even on a hot summer's day it would have been a challenge to jump into the water, just wading in the shallows made my
feet hurt with cold.


There was one little family there all attempting a summer afternoon's swim. I thought they were chicken at first, not getting right into the water... but later on, when I had taken my own shoes off and dipped my feet in, I understood the shrieks and complaints from the  family.

 Photos by me


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails